WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Wed Jul 13 14:29:44 UTC 2005

--- Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote:

> First, noone should listen to me cause I don't know
> what I'm talking about. Seriously.
>
> Second, the beauty of linux is the choices you have.
> Right?
>
> Don't like FC4? Try something else or go back to an
> older version. Tired of configuration and tweaks?
> Try
> Windows. You still get stuff to complain about but
> you
> have no control or influence over it.
>
> Please save the whinning for your spouse or blog.
> I'm
> not saying this whole thread was a whine, but it has
> been annoying.
>
> Respectfully,
> -j

And it is also annoying when people take the attidtude
that everyting is wonderful in 'FC4 LAND' when in fact
it is not.

Yes it is a new release and there will be problems.
But these problems has a less chance to be fixed if
everyone takes this 'DON'T COMPLAIN' attitude.
I have worked in Unix/Linux support and production
environments since 1991.  You know to fix things by
letting people tell you what the problems are.

Yes, FC4 has some nice new things, but they also
broke things that were not brokeng before.
Example:  video in X,  Sound Events, ...etc

These things worked fine in FC2. Sound Events were
however broken in FC3 and not fixed in FC4.

Thus, some things have regressed since FC2.

Now I have read talk about upcomming FC5.
This is begining to sound too much like 'Redmond'
rushing releases out too soon (I hope I'm wrong on
this).

I would rather see  FC4.1, FC4.2,  etc.. until things
are fixed instead of hearing talk of an upcomming
FC5.

If things continue to be release in the current
fashion
it could discourage people from using it.

That would not be good.