Help with vsftpd - please!..

Peter Diercks di at jls-hh.de
Wed Jul 13 14:50:31 UTC 2005

Hello,

After having studied the options for configuration of vsftpd my brains got
screwed. This is what I want to achieve:

- No anonymous login. Regular users with individual names and passwords only.
(This is no problem, of course.)

- After login users are not in their homes, but in the download
area /var/ftp/...

- Most users can navigate through the download directories, but cannot leave
this cage.

- Some users are permitted to use their home directory.

- All users can read/download.

- Some users are permitted to upload, too.

Any good solutions for this task from the experts?

Thank you in advance!

Peter