Fedora Core 4 display problem

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Wed Jul 13 14:51:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 21:01 -0700, Muralidhar Ganga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Running Fedora Core 4.
>
> All of a sudden my xorg.conf corrupted and could not boot to X.
> Then I had to copy from a different fedora and run system-config-display
> to re-generate the xorg.conf.
>
> Thanks
> /Murali

You would not necessarily have to copy from another system.  Simply boot
into runlevel 3, and run "system-config-display --reconfig" and that
should reprobe your hardware, ignoring the current settings in the bad
xorg.conf.  Alternatively, I have also sometimes deleted the bad
xorg.conf and simply run system-config-display, which should generate
one from scratch....

HTH,

--Rob