pine on FC4 (and DAG repository question)

Itay Furman itayf at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 13 16:56:42 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'd like to install pine on my FC4 machine, and would prefer to
use yum for the job to minimize future maintainance.  The general
advice I have found on the web was to use the DAG repository,
http://dag.wieers.com/.

However:
1) DAG currently doesn't have an rpm for FC4; and,
2) DAG warns that it is incompatible with livna.org and
fedora.us.

Since I use Livna.org to update xine, for example, I would not
like to give up using it.

So what are the risks of using DAG if I am only interested in
updating pine (and its dependencies) from that repository
(assuming in the near future there _will_ be an FC4 pine rpm).

Or, does DAG (and friends) provide the same coverage as Livna.org
and fedora.us, and I should abandon the latters?  (I hope I am
not starting a flame here... :-)

Or, should I just abandon the concept of maintaining pine via yum
and go with the UW rpm?
 	http://www.washington.edu/pine/getpine/linux.html

Thanks for any advice and comments.

 	Itay