vnc not function on boot

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 13 17:52:45 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Waugh" <twaugh at redhat.com>

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 04:02:30PM -0700, jdow wrote:
>
>> From: "Tim Waugh" <twaugh at redhat.com>
>>
>>> Well, you can only run one VNC or X server per display.  If you have X
>>> running on display :1, you cannot run VNC on that display.  Similarly,
>>> if you already have a VNC server running on display :1, you cannot
>> start another one on the same display.
>>
>> Please excuse me for butting in here. I'm curious whether this is a
>> security or a technology issue? (I can see a severe security issue.
>> But I am not sure if it is also a technology issue.)

> Can you try explaining what you mean?

Duh - never mind. I just remembered "server" in X parlance is the machine
with the display when my head still insists it should be the machine
providing the information to display. I was working through a migraine
yesterday so please excuse my being a little thick in the head here. (It
hurts just as much if I lie down as if I try to work. So I figure trying
to work is less boring.)

{^_^}   Joanne