After FC3 to FC4 upgrade, KDE/K3b version mismatch

Colin Brace cwb at lim.nl
Wed Jul 13 19:57:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Several days ago, I upgraded my FC3 setup to FC4. Everything appears to
work, except now K3b crashes frequently with the error message: "k3b:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkdeui.so.4: undefined symbol:
_ZN12QProgressBarD2Ev". I've been told on the K3b mailing list that this
is because my version of k3b, v0.11.23, is compiled with another version
of KDE than the one I am using, v3.4.1-1.0, according to RPM. I tried
deleting and reinstalling K3b with yum to no avail. Apparently, my
version of kde didn't get updated properly. Is anyone using K3b under
FC4 and what version works for them?

TIA