Changing $LANG

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jul 14 05:02:11 UTC 2005

    Would changing $LANG to plain old 'C' (in /etc/sysconfig/i18n) have
any adverse effect to the system in general?  Right now it stands at
'en_US.UTF-8' which tends to cause trouble with other programs
displaying weird characters.

    In that same trend, if I change $LANG to 'C', would I also have to
change the $SUPPORTED line to 'C:en_US:en' ?

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6