Error updating using yum: libquicktime.so.0 is not available

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Jul 14 13:13:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:23:55PM -0500, Ron Siven wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 12:13 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > # locate libquicktime.so.0
> > > /usr/lib/libquicktime.so.0.0.0
> > > /usr/lib/libquicktime.so.0
> >
> > Try yum install libquicktime libquicktime0
> >
> > Before doing so please capture the complete above error output from
> > yum update (including yum's depenecy calculation). If the manual
> > resolution like above works, then please file a bug against yum with
> > this captured output.
>
> Your manual resolution appears to have worked.  I did trap the complete
> output with the errors, and will log a bug with yum.
>
> [...]

> Do you have any more technical info that will help the yum folks fix the
> bug?

No, I believe the captured output should indicate to the developers
why the automatic resolution did not work. Either the package was
never selected as an installation candidate, or it was dropped in the
process. Your logs will show which scenario happened, which will
trigger different bug hunting paths.

> Thanks Axel!

You're welcome! :)
--