fc4 - yum

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Thu Jul 14 14:43:45 UTC 2005

I  just installed fc4 over fc3 and it went well. But now I am wondering
about updating it as time goes by.
It seems to me that I had to edit the yum.conf or apt.conf files to have
the update request go to fc3 files before.
So it makes sense that maybe I have to edit those files again for the
process to go to fc4 updates??

Does that make sense.  Also, I believe that an upgrade to another fedora
release produces or places new configuration files for YUM somewhere on my
system?
Is that true.  And if so, where would that be.

Thanks for any direction that may be provided to my questions..

---
Ted Gervais,
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada