what should I deinstall before FC2->FC4 upgrade?

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Thu Jul 14 17:10:46 UTC 2005

    I am about to upgrade a Xeon workstation with FC2 installed
on a set of software RAID-1 partitions to FC4. Does anyone have
any pointers on what rpms I might want to deinstall first to
prevent glitches in the upgrade? So far I have deinstalled the
Sun java rpms since I know these aren't installable under FC4.
I also have deinstalled the firefox 1.0.5 rpm I have installed.
Lastly I will revert the graphics drivers back to the stock
radeon ones and deinstall the fglrx rpm before the upgrade.
I am still a tad worried as I don't know how anaconda responds
during an upgrade if it finds a package installed which has
conflicting file ownership (like fglrx does hence my decision
to deinstall it). Thanks in advance for any advice.
            Jack