Earthlink not helping.

Lokrin redhat at lokrin.net
Fri Jul 15 01:48:16 UTC 2005

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate topic but I'm at a loss.  Earthlink
refuses to help.

Ok, I've been running redhat/fedora on my home computer for about two
years now.  I've had service with Earthlink for over five years.  A
couple of months ago I went into the hospital for a partial foot
amputation.  I wasn't able to pay my ISP so they deactivated my account
but kept it on their servers.

I was able to pay them a couple of weeks ago.  They reactivated the
service.  Now I can log into the ISP and it accepts the name/password
fine and I stay on line.  However, email and browser can't find any
servers.  Everything is the same as before.  In fact I am currently
using a Seanet account on the very same computer right now and have been
for three weeks.

Earthlink support on the phone refuses to even look into the problem
because I run Linux.  Everythingon my end is ok, I believe, but they
won't even bother to check their end.  On-line support is as bad.  I
need to click on operating system and once I click on Unix-Linux-Other I
get a pop-up saying that they can not give me help.

I'm hoping that someone here that uses Earthlink can go over the
settings with me.  I'm on dial up 56k on the only phone line I have.
I'm running FC2 and KDE and using Thunderbird and Firefox.  I've
everything set up using SYSTEM SETINGS > NETWORK.  The modem should be
configured ok, since it works with Seanet.  And everything in the
Earthlink section (ppp1 or ppp0.  I'm using ppp2 for Seanet) looks ok
But I'd like to double check.

Or does anyone else have some helpful info?  I don't really want to get
rid of Earthlink, but I'm not going to pay when I get no real access.

If this is a bad place for this, does anyone know of another list or
forum I can try?

Thanks

Lokrin