(no subject)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Jul 15 07:11:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 14:12 -0700, Daniel Vogel wrote:
> For over a week, i've being trying to set up a correct configuration on FC3,
> wich it has come from horrible to terrible.
>
> This is my first time working with FC3, before this i've installed lots of
> core 2 and havent' got any of this mayor problems, wich is:
>
> I can send emails to the same machine and it works fine, but when i try to
> send outside the machine they'r not recieved.
>
> mailq: (one example)
> j6EKJTHh005702        4 Thu Jul 14 16:19 <daniel at this.machine>
>                  (Deferred: Connection refused by another.external.machine.)
>                                          <user at external.machine>

Your mail server cannot connect to the SMTP server at
another.external.machine.

See if you can do it manually:
$ telnet another.external.machine smtp

If you get "connection refused" then either there's a firewall rule at
either your end or at another.external.machine preventing this
connection, or there is no mail server running at
another.external.machine.

If a connection is opened and the server displays its greeting banner,
you can enter "QUIT" to terminate the session. Then try "sendmail
-qRexternal.machine" to try to poke sendmail into delivering the queued
mail.

If that doesn't work and you believe SELInux to be the issue, look near
the end of /var/log/audit/audit.log if it exists or /var/log/messages
otherwise for any audit messages that may provide clues.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>