Fedora Compatible ISP

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 20:08:15 UTC 2005

On 7/16/05, ryan <ryanag at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> Walter Francis wrote:
> > I'm not even going to quote all that complete nonsense.
> >
> > If you're using Linux on dial-up, you're not going to be using spyware-
> > infested popup bullshit software from lame ISPs, period.  So all that
> > babbling was pointless.
> >
> > Like I said..  pap, chap, ppp.  If it's more complicated than that,
> > don't use it.  Earthlink should work fine, or local ISPs a lot of times
> > are simple and cheaper than the 'big ones'.
> >

> This:
>  > If you're using Linux on dial-up, you're not going to be using spyware-
>  > infested popup bullshit software from lame ISPs,
>
> is much different from:
>  >You're kidding, right?  What would the ISP have to do with "popups" ?
>

> As I pointed out, netzero requires you see their popups as a prt of
> their service, which is incompatible (thankfully) with
> Linux.

I know that there are free isp's that offer internet servicfe in
exchange for the ability to serve you advertisements. None of those
are compatable with Fedora or any other distro because their software
(dialing software with advertisements) is MS only. You may be able to
run that software in wine, though.

Dotan
http://x-christmas.com
Christmas