FC3: Kernel Panic 2.6.12-1.1372

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Sun Jul 17 19:53:11 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 21:34 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 17.07.2005 schrieb Chris Stark um 21:29:
>
> > On two separate machines with SATA drives, the 2.6.12-1.1372 kernel
> > update causes a nearly immediate kernel panic during boot. It appears to
> > be an initrd problem, as the systems do not reach the interactive boot
> > phase before crapping out. The kernel boot info scrolls along as usual
> > until it hits the SATA devices, then SPLAT!!!
>
> > Chris Stark
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2005-July/msg00058.html
>
> Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply. Both systems did in fact have the disk controller
in the /etc/modprobe.conf file, and I even tried rebuilding the initrd
image, but no luck. When I have more time later today, I'll try to
hand-copy the message from the panic if that will help.

Aloha,
--
Chris Stark
Musician, Linux User, & Grad Student