usb hard disk and udev

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Jul 17 21:11:34 UTC 2005

On Sunday 17 July 2005 20:35, Travis Fraser wrote:
> I just realized you aren't running udevinfo on the drive, but on the
> partition. Try something like so:
>
> # udevinfo -a -p `udevinfo -q path -n /dev/sda` <--(assuming sda)
>
> A great howto is here:
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_USB_Mass_Storage_Device

Thanks for the reply. Reading the page shows that it should work the way I
think it should work. I guess after some experimenting I should be able to
get things going. Must be something strange on my system why I can't see
product info so I'll figure that out first. Perhaps that has something to do
with haldaemon not starting on my system.

Thanks,
Marcel