Streaming audio

M. Lewis _fedoralist_ at cajuninc.com
Mon Jul 18 04:58:20 UTC 2005

david walcroft wrote:
> M. Lewis wrote:
>
>> Can anyone point me to a HOWTO on listening to streaming audio from
>> online radio stations via Firefox? Thus far, nothing I have been able
>> to find works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike
>>
> I'll see if I can help mike,I use www.live365.com the site is easy to
> navigate.There is usually a 'default' programme for streaming audio,one
> of these is normal xmms:music player(rthytmbox):Realplayer10gold:mplayer
> it usually happens automagicly,click on a station will bring up a player
> and your away.
>
>   david

Thanks David. Some of the stations at www.live365.com play, some do not.
Not sure if the problem is on their end or mine.

I did find more information on one station I was trying to listen to, it
said to get MPLayer (MPlayer-0.90) and the Mozilla MPLayer plugin
(MPlayerplug-in-0.95).

I haven't went out with yum yet looking for these.

Thanks,
Mike