Earthlink not helping.

Darlene Wallach wallachd at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 19 17:46:13 UTC 2005

Lokrin wrote:
[snip]

>> Earthlink support on the phone refuses to even look into the problem
>> because I run Linux.  Everythingon my end is ok, I believe, but they
>> won't even bother to check their end.  On-line support is as bad.  I
>> need to click on operating system and once I click on Unix-Linux-Other
>> I get a pop-up saying that they can not give me help.

When you call EarthLink support, I suggest you ask for Mac support.
Then ask that person if they or anyone in the department knows Linux.

>> I'm hoping that someone here that uses Earthlink can go over the
>> settings with me.  I'm on dial up 56k on the only phone line I have.
>> I'm running FC2 and KDE and using Thunderbird and Firefox.  I've
>> everything set up using SYSTEM SETINGS > NETWORK.  The modem should be
>> configured ok, since it works with Seanet.  And everything in the
>> Earthlink section (ppp1 or ppp0.  I'm using ppp2 for Seanet) looks ok
>> But I'd like to double check.

[snip]

I use EarthLink as my ISP and I have a 56k modem and am running FC3.
I use Mozilla for my browsing and email. I'm not clear what you want me
to check in my settings.

Darlene
--
World Centric Fair Trade & Eco Store
http://www.worldcentric.org/store/
We have created and live in a world of gross social
and economic inequalities[1] and are at the same
time severely impacting[2] the natural eco-systems
and regenerating bio-capacity of the planet. Our
every action has an impact on the well-being of our
planet and our everyday decisions[3] can help create
a better world for all. In keeping with this fact
and our vision, the World Centric Fair Trade/Eco
Online Store provides everyday consumption choices,
which can help minimize social & economic
inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption
on the environment and help create a better and
sustainable world.

[1] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/socialjustice.htm
[2] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/environment.htm
[3] http://www.worldcentric.org/sustain/index.htm