IBM Blade Server HS20 with FC4

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jul 19 19:03:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 13:44 -0400, Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
> > There is this funny thing about booting from the FC4 CD.
> > You have to try and load a non-existent file at the first boot prompt,
> > then let it give you an error message, then boot for real.
> > Whether this would be the case for PXE I dont know...
>
>  	Terry, can you go into a little bit more detail? I don't quite
> understand.

It's a bug.. Instead of just typing "linux someoption" when you get the
boot menu from the install (dunno if the PXE install gives you this
menu , as I never tried PXE) , try typing anything , like
"anything" :P . It'll give you an error.. Then , try to use the boot
options you used before "linux someoption". If you were hitting this
bug , this should be enough to avoid the kernel panic.

--
Pedro Macedo