change default email app in Firefox [solved]

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Jul 20 07:45:53 UTC 2005

On Wed July 20 2005 2:53 am, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> By using google, I found this site
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-January/msg06584.html

That came close, and I was able to figure it out from there:
I had to open /home/cj/.mozilla/firefox/4via55da.default/prefs.js

I added this line per the link above's suggestion:
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/usr/bin/kmail");

Then I closed and reopened the KDE session - now it's calling kmail when I
click on a mailto link - thanks to all for your responses - hope this helps
the next guy.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA