HylaFAX compatible fax modem that works in FC3

Amal Phadke phadke at hydrodyn.org
Wed Jul 20 20:17:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:22:04PM -0400, taharka wrote:
> Howdy,
> Danny Terweij wrote:
>
> >From: "taharka" <res00vl8 at alltel.net>

> >>Yep, have a look at the Unix/Linux certified PCI modes from Multi-Tech
> >>System, Inc. (multitech.com). No comparison ;-) If it doesn't work for
> >>your application, you can get a full refund.
> >>
> >>taharka
> >>

> >I use E-tech Bullet modem E56K (rockwell chipset). No problems with it.
> >All class1/2 (fax)modems are supported according to Hylafax software.
> >It just needs the serial port.. i did attatched it to ttyS0 and used that
> >too in the configs.
> >
> >Danny.
> >

> This appears to be an external modem. It is my understanding the OP is
> looking for a PCI modem, which makes it internal.
>
> taharka
>
> Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

That's correct! I am looking for a hardware-based internal PCI
modem. I could have gone for an external modem if I had a spare serial
port. The only serial port on my box has APC UPS attached. I am not
sure if a USB modem would work with FC3 and HylaFAX. Any suggestions?

I checked out Multitech modems at their website. It looks good. The
modems suppport both Fax class 1 and 2 protocols.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards,

Amal