Local mail problem

Neal Wilkinson forums.lists at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 11:50:03 UTC 2005

I enabled nightly yum and wanted to get a report of what it did without
having to go read the log and so I wanted to set it up via e-mail and
logwatch as someone here suggested. I went to set up the mail account
and in /var/spool/mail there were two files (root and one other system
user) but none for my account. Both of these files showed locked. I
don't understand why I had no mail file. In any case I went to bed
without working on it further and wondered if logwatch would generate a
file during the night. It did so as there is an e-mail there with my
user name. I then went into Evolution and setup my mail account and it
shows checking the spool but I don't get any mail. I did set
up /etc/aliases for me to get roots mail and applied newaliases. I
pointed Evolution to the file with my name in /var/spool/mail. Thanks.