FC4 and Cedega

Daniel Orzechowski DANIEL.E.ORZECHOWSKI at saic.com
Thu Jul 21 12:44:07 UTC 2005

Has anyone else had issues running Point2Play with FC4?  Games will
sometimes play with no problems, but occasionally (and unpredictably)
Cedega will fail to work.  I launch a game by pressing the Play button in
Point2Play, at which point it stops responding and I need to kill all
wine-related processes.  One process, called simply 'wine', can't be killed
via killall or kill -9, which causes a problem when I try to reboot since
my partitions can't be unmounted cleanly.

The Point2Play python scripts seem to get hung up over a call to os.fork()
(I think; I'm not in front of my home machine at the moment).  I've asked
for help on the Transgaming forums multiple times with no response, so I
don't know where else to go.  Thanks for any help anyone can give.

--
Dan Orzechowski
SAIC Marine Science and Technology Division