Bind Question

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jul 21 13:18:56 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 21.07.2005 schrieb Terry Polzin um 14:58:

> > Can you please be specific which permissions are false from your point
> > of view after a bind update? If it is a packaging mistake, then we need
> > a bugzilla add. But maybe the bind maintainer expects permissions need
> > to be differently than you think.

> I had to change permissions on /var/named to 770 from 750 in order for root to
> start named, could not write the pid file without write for group current
> perms/ownership:
>
> drwxrwx---   4 root named   4096 Jul 20 12:54 named

Are you running bind chrooted or "normal"? Where is your named.pid file
located? The package defines:

%attr(750,root,named) %dir /var/named
%attr(770,named,named) %dir /var/run/named

and the pid file should be in /var/run/named, which is for chrooted
mode /var/named/chroot/var/run/named. The chroot permission
sets of the rpm look ok too:

%attr(770,root,named) %dir %prefix/var
%attr(770,root,named) %dir  %prefix/var/run
%attr(770,named,named) %dir %prefix/var/run/named

You mangled the permissions of some directories somehow?

Alexander

Serendipity 15:13:09 up 5 days, 19:45, load average: 0.25, 0.20, 0.20