routing, iptables & nat

Bill McCormick wpmccormick at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 22 03:42:31 UTC 2005

Hello,

I want to use my FC3 box to control outcoing traffic but still use my
Netgear router as the main FW. How can I accomplish this?

My network (it's a home setup) is pretty basic and looks like this:

Internet <----> DSL Router (NG FVS318) <-----> LAN

The LAN is a a wired FC3 and some wired and wireless Windows machines.
Currently, all clients with IP greater than the FC3 must proxy through
squid et. al. on the FC3; the router blocks everything unless its from
FC3. The FVS318 forwards incomging http, imap-ssl, pop-ssl, and ssl to
the FC3.

Thanks,

Bill