(OT) Thunderbird Mail Filters

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Fri Jul 22 19:50:03 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:

> rengland at europa.com wrote:
>
>> Make sure that the "Filters for:"  entry in the Message Filters popup
>> menu
>> shows your initial INBOX folder, then verify the existence of the
>> filters
>> and that the "Enabled" box is checked.
>

> It shows "Filters for: Local Folders"
> My Inbox is under "Local Folders".
>
> All filters are checked "Enabled".
>
> When I select "Inbox" and click Tools->Run Filters On Folder the filters
> run just fine, and all messages go where I want them.
>
>> If both of these are correct, then it may be the settings in the filters
>> themselves. Make sure the "Match all..." vs  "Match any..." checkbox is
>> correct on the filter.
>

> Since the filter run correctly, I suppose it is set up right. Each of
> the filters only has one qualifier, anyway.
>
>> Post and example of your filter settings and perhaps we can see any
>> issues
>> that exist.
>

> Screenshot available upon request. But it'll be big.
>
> Mike

The screenshot isn't necessary, just post the contents of your
"msgFilterRules.dat" file from /.thunderbird. Below, is what mine looks
like, minus rules not pertaining to the fedora/redhat lists.

version="8"
logging="no"
name="[fedora-announce-list]"
enabled="yes"
type="1"
action="Move to folder"
actionValue="mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/%5Bfedora-announce-list%5D"
condition="OR (to,contains,fedora-announce-list)"
name="[fedora-list]"
enabled="yes"
type="1"
action="Move to folder"
actionValue="mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/%5Bfedora-list%5D"
condition="AND (to or cc,contains,fedora-list)"
name="[fedora-legacy-announce]"
enabled="yes"
type="1"
action="Move to folder"
actionValue="mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/%5Bfedora-legacy-announce%5D"
condition="OR (from,contains,fedora-legacy-announce)"
name="[fedora-legacy-list]"
enabled="yes"
type="1"
action="Move to folder"
actionValue="mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/%5Bfedora-legacy-list%5D"
condition="OR (to or cc,contains,fedora-legacy-list)"

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.