FC4 Grub install problems

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Sat Jul 23 00:26:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-15-07 at 17:38 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
> Check the mapping of drives in /boot/grub/device.map

Thanks for the responses last week but I've been unable to follow up till
now.

The device.map is from the FC3 installation which lists hd0,0 whereas the find
/grub/grub.conf finds it on (hd2,0).  When I ran the above commands (root &
setup) things worked fine but I still end up with the system halting at GRUB
when I try booting from the HD. I had changed the grub.conf file to refer to
the (hd2,0) instead of (hd0,0)

So it isn't finding the /grub/grub.conf?  Now what should I try?

Thanks
  Dave