Greeting or Gnome Crashing FC4

Avron Olshewsky avrono at neuralworks.plus.com
Mon Jul 25 08:20:00 UTC 2005

Hi ,

The Monitor is set correctly and the on-board video chipset is picked up
correctly as Nvida GForce4 MX (generic).

(1) After running Yum, I could not boot at all. Screen freezes on bootup
(2) Reinstalled original FC distribution
(3) tried tp run system-config-display, the graphical mode crashes the
machine
(4) In non=graphical mode played around with some settings , although
not 100% sure what to change
Tried changing the screen resolution, but did not know the name of
alternate drivers to try etc ...

Any more suggestions, most welcome !

Thanks in Advance