Floppy Drive Gone SOLVED

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Mon Jul 25 22:13:58 UTC 2005

Skol!!
Steve Croteau wrote:

>Greetings,
>

>>I was just minding my own business the other day when I decided to write a
>>file to my floppy drive using FC3.  Much to my surprise the icon I always
>>found under "computer" was gone.  Looked in /etc/fstab and found no
>>reference.  I had just used it 2 weeks ago.  Could an update have removed
>>it
>>
>>for some reason?  The same thing happened to my other FC3 box.  What is the
>>exact entry I need to put this back into /etc/fstab?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Steve
>>

>I re-entered the floppy drive in /etc/fstab using the same settings as the CD
>and Burner.  Now it works great on both boxes.
>
>/dev/fd0		/media/floppy		auto
>pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0 0
>/dev/hdd                /media/cdrecorder       auto
>pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0 0
>/dev/hdc                /media/cdrom            auto
>pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0 0
>
>Thanks for the help!
>Steve

Odd, I just followed this procedure & tried mounting a floppy with the
"mount /media/floppy " command. I got an on screen message stating no
mount point found for floppy. However, after creating the /floppy
directory in /media, it now works. Lastly, after rebooting the computer,
I found that the settings in fstab don't stick :-( I had to perform this
procedure over to get the floppy drive working again. Mind rebooting one
of your boxes & see what happens?

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.