RES: Floppy Drive Gone SOLVED

Everaldo de Nóbrega Peixoto everaldo.peixoto at uol.com.br
Mon Jul 25 22:41:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

FC4 and as I can see FC3, uses an utility called fstab-admin (if I recall
correctly) that automatically edits fstab as the hardware changes, that
utility adds and removes entries into the fstab as the actual hardware. In
FC4, there are two main differences from these automated entries to those
manually added?
- they are mounted in /media, and the mounting points are also automatically
created;
- the last option on each of those entries is "managed"

Maybe, fstab-admin (or fstab-manager,something like that) has a bug on FC3
so it is unable to locate the floppy drive, so perhaps if you mount the
floppy in a different directory, for instance /mnt/floppy, the faulty
fstab-something will not mess with it, and you will have a permanent entry
in fstab, as long as you want.

Regards,

Everaldo
Everaldo.peixoto at uol.com.br