eclipse plugin install permission problem

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Tue Jul 26 22:11:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 11:54 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> I just tried to install pydev-0.7 plugin for eclipse, and it failed because
> it tried to write to /usr/share/eclipse/...
>
> Any hints?

Is this FC4 with native eclipse?

You should be able to create .eclipse in your home directory and install
your plugins there.   [so you'll have .eclipse/plugins
and .eclipse/features].  Mind you, this is with FC3 and eclipse from
eclipse, not the 'native' shipping with FC4.

Or if you want them [your plugins] available to all users, install them
in the directory in question above.

--
Craig Thomas