kde kicker crashes

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 27 05:40:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 17:17 -0700, BRUCE STANLEY wrote:
> I have been having kicker crashes now and then
> on FC4 when using the KDE desktop.
>
> It seems to occur whenever I run the 'Control Center'
> program to change things.

[snip]

> Has anyone else been having problems with kicker?

Greetings,

I have a similar problem: every time I log out of either FC3 or FC4, I
get a crash message that prevents the system from shutting down (unless
the OK button is clicked), and the message says that it is the "kicker"
that has crashed.

I have all of my home workstations set to NFS-mount my home directory
from my home server, and I have yet to see the problem manifest on my
laptop or with any other accounts having local home folders.

It's irritating but certainly not critical, and because it only happens
when I'm logging out, I never think to file a bug report (although I'm
using the KDE-redhat version of KDE and not the Fedora-shipped version).

Sorry, I guess I'm more commiserating than actually helping, but your
post seemed lonely. :)

Aloha,
--
Chris Stark