Fedorafaq -Is this the best that we (fedora community) can do?

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 27 17:51:47 UTC 2005

Captain Bubudiu wrote:
> <rant>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=66668
>
> Is this for real? This makes fedora a laughing stock
> when you consider what is out there for the likes of
> debian/ubuntu. I'm sorry to spoil the party but this
> seems like a schoolboy attempt.

[snip]

Hmm. And the tone of this message makes *you* sound like
a schoolboy.

> Cheers
> Captain Bubudiu

And what are you the "Captain" of?

Back in the Bad Old Days when I still worked for a large
(Telecomm) corporation, when we were in a meeting, and
someone posed a complaint like this, there would usually
be one of two responses from the Moderator of the meeting:

(1) ask what recommendations the complainer had
(2) assign action items to the complainer to generate
     recommendations and/or take action to resolve the
     issue

(1) happened first, and if the complainer had no recommendations
then (2) occurred.

So, what are your recommendations? What action items are you
willing to accept? Or do you withdraw your complaints?

Mike