FTP Timeout Issues

Stuart Ryan nerdzoll at nerdzunleashed.com
Thu Jul 28 07:03:45 UTC 2005

>> Hi Everyone,
>> I have a Redhat Fedora Core 2 server that is having FTP timeout
>> issues.The server is running the latest CPANEL/WHM and I am having this
>> issue with both PureFTP and ProFTP.
>> Basically what happens is I begin to upload (only uploading, not
>> downloading) a file and about 1-2MB in the server gives this error
>> DATE - TIME server pure-ftpd: (useracct X X X X) [INFO] Timeout (no new
>> data for 900 seconds)
>>
>Hi,
>
>i had those timeouts too, this was on my side concerning the missing
>ip_conntrack_ftp-module.
>
>lsmod should show something like:
>
>ip_conntrack           41497  2 ip_conntrack_ftp,ipt_state
>..whilst ip_conntrack_ftp is important, in this case it is loaded.
>
>do you have the ip_conntrack_ftp module loaded? if no, insert this in
>/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config: IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"
>
>or try first with modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp
>
>HTH
>Roger

Maaaaaate.. If you are ever in Australia.. and you are coming to sydney..
drop me a line because I owe you a beeeer...
NOOne on the net had this answer and I mean NOONE!!!
You are the best.
I have a little bit more testing to do, however I just had a full file
upload for the first time ever.
But truly.. thanks man it is highly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Stuart