yum-daily.yum - FC4

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Jul 29 07:25:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 19:49 -0700, linux wrote:
> Does anyone know what the yum-daily.yum file does? It's in the /etc/yum
> directory, and is called by"yum-daily.yum" the daily yum cron job
> in /etc/cron.daily/yum.
>
> I can't find a man page or a faq or a howto anywhere which explains this
> file. It's new for FC4
>
> It has three lines:
>
> update
> ts run
> exit
>
> I can see update prompting a "yum update"
> but I can't figure out "ts run" - is it a test run?

No, it's a "transaction set" run. These are yum shell commands - yum has
its own shell that you can access using "yum shell".

$ yum shell
Setting up Yum Shell
> help

    commands:  clean, config, exit, groupinfo, groupinstall, grouplist,
               groupremove, groupupdate, info, install, list,
               localinstall, makecache, provides, quit, remove,
               repo, run, search, transaction, update

> help ts

    ts arg
      list: lists the contents of the transaction
      reset: reset (zero-out) the transaction
      solve: run the dependency solver on the transaction
      run: run the transaction

> exit
Leaving Shell

> I assume "exit" gets out of the yum process.

Yes.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>