Our (US) $s at work.

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Jul 29 22:33:47 UTC 2005

Two years from now, folks running older versions of RH or FC for which no
glibc update was issued will have their clocks stop showing correct time for
most of the year.

That's because Washington has screwed around with Daylight Savings Time,
again.  They don't have anything better to do inside the Beltway,
apparently.

I always thought that daylight time was a joke.  It's totally stupid, and
has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.  I am aware of the official excuse
for daylight time, but I still think it's stupid, it's dumb, and idiotic. If
anyone is really serious about saving energy, they should simply change the
timezone permanently.

Starting in 2007, the so-called "standard time" will actually be in effect
for less than half a year.  Standard time won't really be the standard most
of the time.  Isn't it amazing?  The US is now the laughing stock of the
entire world.  You can almost see everyone point their fingers across the
Atlantic: “Those dumb yanks, they can't even make up their mind what time of
day it is, most of the time!”