Our (US) $s at work.

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jul 30 12:49:05 UTC 2005

David G. Miller (aka DaveAtFraud) wrote:

> mrsam at courier-mta.com wrote:
>
>> Two years from now, folks running older versions of RH or FC for
>> which no glibc update was issued will have their clocks stop showing
>> correct time for most of the year.
>>
>> That's because Washington has screwed around with Daylight Savings
>> Time, again. They don't have anything better to do inside the
>> Beltway, apparently.
>>
>> I always thought that daylight time was a joke. It's totally stupid,
>> and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I am aware of the official
>> excuse for daylight time, but I still think it's stupid, it's dumb,
>> and idiotic. If anyone is really serious about saving energy, they
>> should simply change the timezone permanently.
>>
>> Starting in 2007, the so-called "standard time" will actually be in
>> effect for less than half a year. Standard time won't really be the
>> standard most of the time. Isn't it amazing? The US is now the
>> laughing stock of the entire world. You can almost see everyone point
>> their fingers across the Atlantic: “Those dumb yanks, they can't even
>> make up their mind what time of day it is, most of the time!”
>>
> As a non-morning person, I've always said, "The early worm deserves
> the bird." Daylight savings time is like trying to make a blanket
> longer by cutting a foot of material off the bottom of the blanket and
> sewing it onto the top. The blanket is only as long as it is and there
> are still only 24 hours in an Earth day; if you want a longer "day",
> move to Mars. Whenever someone tries to convince me of Benjamin
> Franklin's genius, I just mention daylight savings time.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

There should be 13 month in a year and 28 days in a month. The middle of
the night should be midnight and the middle of the day noon. The first
day on the moon should be the first day of the month and the last day of
the moon should be the last day of the month.

--
Windows: The answer to a question nobody has ever asked.