kmail- cannot start process pop3

neidorff neidorff at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 18:08:10 UTC 2005

On 7/30/05, Mike Klinke <lsomike at futzin.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 30 July 2005 11:05, neidorff wrote:
> > I read my mail on the same computer that the mail server runs on.
> > When I start kmail, it posts an error dialog: "Cannot start
> > process pop3" and then does not bring in my mail.
>

> Do you have "check mail on startup" selected for any of your
> accounts?  If so, does the error message still show up if you turn
> it off?

It does not matter if check mail on startup is checked or not.  Same
error.  There is only one account.

> Do you have more than one email account configured that might have
> this setting?  If so, can you isolate which account is causing this
> symptom?

Only one account.

> Does selecting/de-selecting any of the suspect e-mail account's
> parameters make a difference?

I'm not sure what to change.  Suggestions?

> It may be helpful if you list some of the particulars about the
> kmail e-mail account that you do isolate.

In the sending section of Network:  sendmail is used.
In the Receiving section:
Name: Default
Type: pop
Folder inbox
Login: mark at neidorff.com
Password: ******************
Host: LOCALHOST    (i've tried neidorff.com here as well)
Port: 110
There is no "Precommand"
There is no encryption
authentication method is clear text.

> Did any of the account parameters change somehow?

Nothing that I could find.  I renamed the old kmailrc and restarted
kmail.  No difference when I set up the account again.

> Do you have any pop filters defined that might be a factor?

Nope.  Never did.

> Does deleting the e-mail account and reconfiguring it from scratch
> make a difference?

Nope.  Tried that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark