Keyboard keycodes

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Jul 31 11:59:52 UTC 2005

I have an MS wireless desktop (keyboard and mouse are wireless), that in
which I have an "F Lock" button that I have to push for my F1-F12
buttons to work, or if I don't, those same buttons use email commands,
such as reply, open, clearn, etc.. I am seeing in my logs all the time
to set a key code, which is I guess this button (or it's my numLock
button), but I don't know which keycode to use.

Jul 30 23:59:09 scrappy kernel: atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated
set 2, code 0xd9 on isa0060/serio0).
Jul 30 23:59:09 scrappy kernel: atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e059 <keycode>' to make it known.

How do I know which keycode to use?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everything is always harder, before it's easier!