Our (US) $s at work.

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Jul 31 15:47:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 09:49 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 31 July 2005 01:23, jdow wrote:
> >Regardless of all points taken in this discussion think a moment of
> > the humor of the whole thing, please. The repair for Linux is one
> > file that is not even an executable. For my case it's the usr share
> > file: "/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Los_Angeles"
> >
> And how would one go about fixing it?, mine
> (/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York) seems to be some compressed
> format.

This does not need fixing.  When/if the date/time of the change between
standard and daylight times changes, your timezone file (New York | Los
Angeles | whatever) gets replaced/updated and it automagically happens
at the proper time.

That file as you both have listed tells the system when to switch times.
There are many of those files on your system, one for each official time
zone area around the world.