[Fedora] Re: Building redundancy

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Jun 1 04:01:30 UTC 2005

Oliver Leitner wrote:

>first things that come into my mind when thinking on bringing that
>system to a mailserver:

    I already have backups on the MX and web servers, however those do
me no good when the main users server goes down.  THAT's the one I need
to figure out how to build a redundant setup for.  Users can't get to
their accounts/files/e-mail if that main server goes down.  I don't know
if there's any way of building some kind of quiet failover system that
would allow users to continue using their shell and get to their files
and e-mail when one server goes down (and the other takes up the
slack.)  Somehow when the main server comes back up some things would
have to switch back and all of that.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6