memory.c - bad pmd - x86_64

Peter J. Stieber developer at toyon.com
Thu Jun 2 15:29:07 UTC 2005

CF = Christoph Franke

DJ = Dave Jones

CF>>> Great. Ok, another good news is: so far I am
CF>>> unable to reproduce the
CF>>> problem any longer!
CF>>>
CF>>> /home/christoph$ cat davej
CF>>> ./notes/people_to_hug_before_I_die.txt

IA = Ivan Adzhubey
IA>> Just rebooted fileserver under -30 build, looks
IA>> like running clean, 2 compute nodes also have not
IA>> seen errors since the new kernel installed, quite
IA>> promising I would say. I'll report if I see any errors.

PS = Peter J. Stieber
PS> Dave,
PS>
PS> I only see -31 in you web content. I must have
PS> missed a version.
PS>
PS> Was there a fix specifically added to address the
PS> x86_64 bad pmd issue, or is it simply masked due
PS> to other changes?
PS>
PS> I'll load 2.6.11-1.31smp and report back.

I have been running 2.6.11-1.31_FC3smp for over a day and loading the
system in a manner that has caused the bad pmd problem in the past, but
haven't seen the problem :-))

Dave, I'm still wondering if a specific patch was added to this version
to address the bad pmd problem?

Thank for all your efforts,
Pete