Fonts messed with new "freetype" upgrade

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Fri Jun 3 03:28:30 UTC 2005

Kazutoshi Morioka wrote, On 06/02/2005 03:13 AM:
> It's a new freetype package from DAG's repository.
> Please report to freshrpms mailing list:
> http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/

Yes, this thread reports the same problem:
http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2005-June/013127.html
and suggests going back to old (original FC3) version until the problem
is resolved. Have to install the original freetype-devel (first) and
then the main freetype rpm's from CD using "rpm -Uvh --oldversion
rpmfilename" Dag and others also recommend excluding the freetype and
freetype-devel until the problem is resolved. Thanks for pointing me to
this. Fonts now "good" again!