No IIMF Selection in System Settings(Tools?)

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Jun 3 04:25:23 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> on my fresh install FC3, home box, I see a selection in settings(could
> be tools, though) for input method for IIIMF. On my upgraded FC3
> machine, work box, I don't. I checked that all the RPMs were installed,
>
> /iiimf-server, iiimf-x, iiimf-libs, iiimf-gtk, iiimf-gnome-im-switcher/
>
> and found that this 1
>
> /iiimf-gnome-im-switcher
>
> / wasn't. So, I installed via yum, and due to it still not appearing,
> I even did a reboot, to no avail. Anyone know if this is a known thing
> for an upgraded system.? I also added InputMethod Switcher to my
> panel, but, when clicking Add or Remove, there are no language select
> options in either Available Languages or Languages shown in menu. Need
> to add something.? I get the feeling that the selection that is in
> either Settings or tools is another app altogether. Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

Hi All,

update: I ran this,

LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 GTK_IM_MODULE=iiim gedit

and it started gedit in J, but, I'm looking for just the ability to type
in J, not run it as Japanese by default(although, I appreciate that you
can). Also, after running this, the InputMethod Switcher began working.
That's weird in itself. I tried typing J into en email in Thunderbird,
after choosing Japanese via the InputMethod Switcher and also tried
ctrl-space, but, no luck. Anyone got a solution.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.