Wireless suggestion - tired of madwifi

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jun 3 12:25:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 04:50, Bill Johnson wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> >  I have yet to see a box list the
> >actual chip set of the card inside.
> >

> Any suggestions on how I can determine the chipset, then?  Is there a
> resource that lists chipsets for particular PCMCIA cards?
>
> Thanks!

The only sure way I know to get that info is to run /sbin/lspci on a
system that has the card installed.

And please note that cards with the same designation may have different
chip sets, for instance the DWL-G650 card that I have has a prism chip
set which works just fine with the prism54 drivers.  However other
DWL-G650 cards appear to use an atheros chip set.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Oatmeal raisin.