Multi boot with Fedora, XP, and second Linux distro

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Jun 5 04:24:15 UTC 2005

On Sat June 4 2005 11:40 pm, Jonathan Berry wrote:

> You are welcome, though from your question below maybe it isn't quite
> *perfectly* clear yet :).  Let's see if we can clear it up some more.

Ok - you got me there...

>....  But if you have your FC3 GRUB do this, the other distros won't
> automatically update the FC3 grub.conf to point to new kernels
> whenever you get an update.  The chainloader scheme allows each OS to
> manage it's own bootloader, and one OS will have the primary
> bootloader which will chain to the others.  Is it more clear now?

Ok - this is the part that explains the 'logic' of the other, and makes it all
clear, because now I understand the 'why'. Thanks again - in the few minutes
these exchanges took, I've gotten more than in an hour or so of plowing
through complex pages that were full of unnecessary info for my scenario.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA