FC4 Repositories

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 01:12:35 UTC 2005

When will the Fedora Extras and Livna repositories be ready, and when
will I be able to download the latest version of apt from
download.redhat.com for use with FC4?

I've already decided to wipe everything out and start clean, in order to
eliminate some repo mixing problems I've been having. If I read things
right, I should be able to use Fedora Extras, Livna, JPackage, and a
"Flash" repo for most, if not all, of my open-source software needs. For
the rest, I'll get the rpm's or the tarballs.

What I need to know is how well coordinated the repos will be with FC4's
projected release. Right now, I don't see any way to tell whether Extras
or Livna will be "ready" for a yum or apt request using a $releasever of
4. If they're not ready by June 13, then how long should I wait?

Also: will the FreshRPMS/Dag/Dries/Axel family of repos be compatible
with the Extras/Livna family or not? If I may so observe, the continued
incompatibilities between the two families serves no one's interest, as
far as I can see--least of all that of the Fedora Core user.

Temlakos