FC4 Repositories

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jun 9 02:47:50 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 09.06.2005 schrieb Temlakos um 3:12:

> When will the Fedora Extras and Livna repositories be ready, and when
> will I be able to download the latest version of apt from
> download.redhat.com for use with FC4?

apt from download.redhat.com? That is new to me.

> What I need to know is how well coordinated the repos will be with FC4's
> projected release. Right now, I don't see any way to tell whether Extras
> or Livna will be "ready" for a yum or apt request using a $releasever of
> 4. If they're not ready by June 13, then how long should I wait?

Looking at the main server and mirrors Fedora Extra 4 is already
populated. Following discussions Livna is on it's way, not that far yet.

> Also: will the FreshRPMS/Dag/Dries/Axel family of repos be compatible
> with the Extras/Livna family or not? If I may so observe, the continued
> incompatibilities between the two families serves no one's interest, as
> far as I can see--least of all that of the Fedora Core user.

You followed the recent discussion here on the list? If not, then read
it please.

> Temlakos

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 04:43:45 up 16 days, 3:21, load average: 0.72, 0.63, 0.85