FC4 torrent

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jun 9 14:20:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 10:02 -0400, James Kosin wrote:
> I would have voted against also...  What happens is everyone makes a
> MAD rush to get the latest version and ends up complaining about the
> issue over and over again.
> If it counts, it is only (and should only) be available 2-3 days
> before for all the mirrors (legit ones) to sync up with the few
> servers @ fedora to get the information.  When the official day comes,
> everyone can get the information from all the servers and mirrors
> without too much trouble.
> This is how it was suppose to work.....
>
> What usually ends up happening is everyone knows this and starts
> POUNDING all the servers for the release...  and everyone complains
> because they can't get the newest release a single day before the
> official release date.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
> James Kosin

The OP was referring specifically to the torrent, not the mirror sites.
The torrent works *better* when there are lots of people downloading it.

However, for FC3 my recollection is that the torrent went "live" mid-
afternoon (UTC) on the release day, and not 2-3 days earlier.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>