X Crashes on terminal switch

Pete Savage node50 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:34:05 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm running a Compaq/HP nx9005
My problem is this, I recently did a yum install of qt-devel, and i believe
it installed Xorg along with it,
now whenever I switch to ther text terminal, tty1 or any of them, and then
switch back to X, my laptop freezes.  By this i mean, the mouse wil still
move, but the keyboard will not respond, and the video distortion that you
get up the top when switching to tty and back to X remains.  It will not
respond to any key input, like Ctrl+Alt+F1 or Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.  What can
i do?  If I press the power button, the machine shuts down cleanly.
Thanx
Pete