acroread problems with IDL help files

Douglas.Ohlhorst at noaa.gov Douglas.Ohlhorst at noaa.gov
Sat Jun 11 04:14:43 UTC 2005

Saurabh,
We received this message as well on our machines here. We are running
Fedora Core 3 as well as RHEL3 machines with Adobe Acrobat 7 Reader,
both display the same message. It appears that Adobe has changed the way
they are handling certain PDFs, this error doesn't appear to any affect
on reading/searching the PDF, at least from what we have noticed. We
have just clicked the box to ignore the error message.

As for the error message about the plugin, this plugin is no longer
needed. Move the file out of the plugins directory under the users home
directory and fire up IDL help, the error message should be gone, the
plugin was used for Adobe Acrobat 5 Reader. Hope this helps.

Douglas Ohlhorst             douglas.ohlhorst at noaa.gov
Systems Administrator II     Phone: (303) 497-6581
NOAA/OAR/FSL/DD              Fax:   (303) 497-6014